There pasqualina cake with artichokes It is a second vegetable dish that is easy to prepare and perfect for an Easter lunch. The pasqualina cake with artichokes is the Genoese variant of the traditional pasqualina with beets or spinach. Prepared with 6 sheets of very thin crazy pasta, 3 at the base and 3 at the top, the pasqualina cake with artichokes has a rich and tasty filling, made with sautéed artichokes, ricotta and parmesan. To decorate, of course, the whole eggs in the middle of the filling so as to obtain the whole hard yolk at the cut of the slice. The pasqualina cake with artichokes is a rustic cake, which you can prepare in advance and which remains moist and delicious even a few days later. Of course, the fragrance of the sheets of dough will be lost, but the filling will become more tasty and harmonious. You can serve your pasqualina cake with artichokes also as a main dish and as an appetizer or, alternatively, insert it into a larger buffet.
- Flour250 g
- Extra virgin olive oilEnough
- water150 ml
- Dry ricotta250 g
- Grated Parmesan cheese 50 g
- Marjoram4 sprigs
- Salt and pepperEnough
Easter cake preparation with artichokes
- For the crazy pasta: mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of oil and a pinch of salt. Add the warm water and mix to form a smooth and homogeneous sphere. Divide into 6 balls and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. Clean the artichokes, cut them and slice them and sauté in a pan where you have softened the chopped onion in a little oil. When they are tender, let them cool and set aside.
- Spread each dough in a sheet so thin you can see the hand through.
- Overlap 3 of them in a 20-22 cm round baking pan, brushing them with oil between them, to form the base of the cake. Stuffed with the artichokes that you have mixed with the ricotta, salt, pepper, Parmesan, 2 eggs and marjoram.
- Make dimples with the back of a wet spoon and gently shell the 4 remaining eggs in the center.
- Cover with 3 more sheets, again brushing them with oil between one layer and another, trying to get the excess air out. Seal the edge of the Easter cake well and brush with a little oil. Bake at 180 ° C for at least 45 minutes, when it is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool before serving.